Saturday, April 25, 2015

As promised I am letting you know that the Hendrickson’s have started on the Natchaug and the Fenton rivers. spent a good chunk of today (Saturday) fishing over a decent hatch of them. I got my fish on a mix of nymphs, emergers and parachute hendrickson dry. The main part of the hatch was from 2-4 Pm just when the water hit 54 degrees. fished until about 5 but did not see any spinners. Spoke to a guy I know who had fished the Fenton and had some sporadic hatching of hendricksons earlier 12-1. There were also some small dark caddis sz. 18, small black stones and some grey midges. fish seemed to be keyed in to the hendrickson female . As I could not get a take on a size 14 red quill. Got good action on hendrickson colored Klinkhammer, hendrickson colored nymphs in size 12.
tight lines



No comments:

Post a Comment